D M R
TYT MD 380 digital / analogue UHF handie
new...md380 tools here (youtube video with
links in description)
M3DAF recommends using the KG5RKI VER5 to do the firmware
and the PD1LOI for the DB
there is also text file in the dropbox link with setting suggestions.
MD380 Toolz website
Hold top two buttons on radio whilst
turning radio on.
LED will flash red/green.... plug in the data lead.
click firmware download (in my case NON-GPS) then click FLASH
turn radio off and then on
download user db then flash
when done turn radio on
to turn on the database menu......
MENU - UTILITIES -MD380 TOOLZ-
SHOW CALLS (SELECT USER DB) CONFIRM
Android phone with BLUEDV app allows connection to reflectors
on D-Star and DMR
Blue dv bluetooth pin
To edit setup, disconnect
Below are screen shots of the SETUP screen
To connect to a room, Manual Dial the number and press PTT briefly
the radio will announce when you are connected
ptt and button above, turn on red/green flash
SETTING UP THE MD380TooLz MENU IN THE RADIO .
1. press menu scroll to utilitis and confirm
2. scroll to MD380TooLz and press confirm.
3 scroll to Date format and confirm then scroll to Talker Alias and
4. scroll to show calls and confirm then scroll to TA & UserDB and
5. scroll to Mic Bargraph and confirm then scroll to vertical and LH Only
6. scroll to Mic gain and confirm then scroll to 3db Gain and confirm.
7. scroll to Backlight and confirm scroll to Level Low and confirm then
select 0 off and confirm.
8. scroll to Level High and confirm scroll to 3 and confirm then select
red button back.
netmon enable on
Enable or Disable the Netmon hotkeys that open things like lastheard log
information. The different Netmon screens and functions are tied to the
number keys. This
does not remove the ability to use DTMF tones while transmitting.
Contains options for different display formats for the text shown during
radio boot screen.
9. scroll to Alt. Menu and confirm then scroll to Enable and confirm.
10. scroll to Alt. Text Color ad confirm then select Enable and confirm
This will change the colors of the radio screen ;-) if you like the
original ones then just Disable this item and confirm.
11. now just hit the red button 3 times .
Thats it your radio is now setup with the new KG5RKI firmware.
On the main screen of the radio if you select the # key it will take you
to further menus to change colors
and lastheard talkgroups ect ect ect just hit the red button to come out
Enjoy M3DAF,,, Dale.
EMAIL [email protected]