I've been in ham radio since 1974 and served as a U.S. Navy Radioman in the early 70s. I operate 100% QRP on the HF bands. Most of my HF operating is from portable locations, using CW and digital modes. I'm member of the QRP ARCI, NAQCC, Polar Bear QRP Ops, FISTS, MI-QRP, NEQRP, NorCal QRP, Flying Pigs QRP and a few others. I'm also a long-time subscriber to the Internet QRP Mailing List (QRP-L).
I'm a member of the American Radio Relay League (ARRL) and an Assistant Emergency Coordinator with Chester County ARES/RACES (CCAR), which provides emergency communications for the county. I'm also a SKYWARN weather spotter.
- Duck, North Carolina - 2013 QRP portable from the Outer Banks, September 2013.
- NJQRP Skeeter Hunt, August 2013 QRP portable by the Schuylkill Canal.
- Flight of the Bumblebees, July 2013 A brief outing to a nearby park for this annual QRP contest.
- PBMME - November 2009 Polar Bear Moonlight Madness Event - "Stationary mobile" from Charlestown Park near Phoenixville, PA
- QRP Afield - 2007
"Stationary mobile" from Valley Forge National Park
- Corolla, North Carolina - 2007 QRP Portable from the Outer Banks - July/August 2005 - using the "Up and Outer" antenna
- Corolla, North Carolina - 2005 QRP Portable from the Outer Banks - August 2005
- QRP to the Field - Ridin' the Rails QRP-portable from two different train stations in Valley Forge Park, April 2005
- QRP to the Field - Battlefields QRP-portable from Valley Forge National Park, April 2004.
- Lightship Chesapeake (LV-116) - 2003 Operating aboard a museum ship in Baltimore, Maryland - August 2003
- Corolla, North Carolina - 2002 QRP Portable from the Outer Banks (Again!) - July 2002
- QRP ARCI Spring QSO Party QRP portable in Delaware - April 2002
- Corolla, North Carolina - 2001 QRP Portable from the Outer Banks - July 2001
- Appalachian Trail - Mason/Dixon Line QRP portable operation on the Pennsylvania/Maryland border - September 2000
- BUBBA QRP Sprint 2000 A report of my outing for this contest. Contains a drawing of the "Inverted Y" antenna I used.
- Pocomoke River State Forest and Park QRP Portable from the Eastern Shore of Maryland - 2000
- WB3GCK/QRP/MM QRP/Marine Mobile operation during QRP to the Field 2000
- Operating a QRP Classic - The Tuna Tin 2 I had the honor of operating the original Tuna Tin 2 transmitter built by Doug DeMaw, W1FB, in the 70s.
- Wellesley Island, New York QRP Portable from the Thousand Islands - 1999
- QRP to the Field - 1997 Tales from the Home of the Blob.