[SI-LIST] : Daisy-Chain

From: Tham Kok Tong ([email protected])
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 00:26:41 PST

Hi,

I have a trace which connects in daisy-chain from 1 driver(transceiver) to
6 receivers ( 2 ASICs (BGA type), 2 ROMs, 1 flash memory and 1 transceiver).
The connecting sequence is 1) ASIC1, 2) ASIC2, 3), transceiver, 4) ROM1, 5)
ROM2, 6) Flash memory.
My problem is the simulation result shows reflection occurs at the
receiver(non-monotonic waveform) nearest to the driver. Is it a good idea
to put a pulldown resistor at that receiver(resistor value = Zo)?

I welcome any suggestions or advices on this matter. Thank you.

Regards,
KT.THAM

  Ultimate Technologies Inc.
      SI Group
      KT.THAM

      1462-6F, Shindencho, Nagano-Shi 380-0835, Japan
  TEL:  026-267-7256
  FAX: 026-267-7259