We have continued to offer exam sessions since the beginning of COVID-19 following the COVID-19 recommendations for our area. We have also been giving amateur examinations since the Volunteer
Examiner program was instituted by the FCC. Presently we are
working under the Laurel VEC program - one of a the few programs that
does not charge for exams. Our Volunteer Examiner team is
composed of members of Dial and BCARA. Dial tends to offer about
4 or 5 exam sessions per year. Dial Exams normally occur on
Wednesday evenings. Registration begins at 6:00 pm and the exams
begin once the registration process is complete.
See our Calendar webpage for location and details about the next Exams: Calendar
Requests for additional information about upcoming exams can be obtained from N8QF or KD8W.
Some exam sessions are held by BCARA at times that complement Dial's schedule.
Examinees need to do the following at least 24 hours prior to the exam session.See our Calendar webpage for location and details about the next Exams: Calendar
1) You need a FCC Registration Number (FRN) before completing the registration form. Go to the FCC CORES Webpage to create or see your FRN..
2) Download/Copy the Exam Registration Form to your local device.
3) Complete Section 1 of the form. You will have the opportunity to sign the form at the exam session.
4) Email a copy of the completed form to N8QF .
Examinees need to bring the following to the exam session if applicable:
1) If you already have a license, then bring your original signed license and a photo copy of your signed license. The FCC does not automatically mail you a paper license anymore. See How to Print Your License.
2) If you have a Certificate of Successful Completion of Examination (CSCE), bring your original CSCE and a photo copy of your CSCE.
3) Bring a copy of your completed Exam Registration form.
4) Bring a Photo ID.
Your photo ID, the copy of your license (if applicable), and the copy of your CSCE (if applicable) will be placed in your folder during the examination. Your photo ID will be returned to you once the exam process is complete.
We receive very prompt service from Laurel and typically the FCC database is updated within 5 days after an exam session.
You can check your recent license grant by going to the FCC License Search website. You may search
by Call Sign, Name (Last, First), or FRN.