RE: [SI-LIST] : Comments on proposed standard

From: Beal, Weston ([email protected])
Date: Thu Jan 04 2001 - 11:41:06 PST

D.C.,

You call this Scalable signaling, but it's not clear from your document how
it scales. What if I'm already using 1.8 Volts for my core and I want to
use that same voltage for I/O?

This looks kind of like GTL terminated to 0V with a pullup driver. Can you
make PMOS drivers fast enough for current and future speeds?

I like your idea, and I'd like to see it go forward. Have you made a
virtual prototype?

Later,
Weston