Re: Fw: [SI-LIST] : via capacitance

From: [email protected]
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 11:50:55 PDT

Hi all,

Is it me, or is it just me, but I would NEVER sandwich 4 signal layers
together, regardless of the planes capacitance techniques. There are way
too many issues to cause havoc with the pcb.

Just my $.002 worth.

BTW, I much prefer Sunil's stackup over Jon's suggestion.

Mitch

---------Included Message----------

> Jon Keeble wrote:
>
> > Following advise from this list, for 10 layer boards I prefer
the following
> > stackup:
> >
> > LAYER1 TOP LAYER (CONDUCTOR)
> > LAYER2 VCC
> > LAYER3 GND
> > LAYER4 CONDUCTOR
> > LAYER5 CONDUCTOR
> > LAYER6 CONDUCTOR
> > LAYER7 CONDUCTOR
> > LAYER8 VCC
> > LAYER9 GND
> > LAYER10 BOTTOM LAYER (CONDUCTOR)
> >
> > This puts the power planes close together (maxim distributed
capacitance)