RE: [SI-LIST] : [SI-LIST] SI tools

From: Chris Cheng ([email protected])
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 15:13:53 PDT

if u want a little secret....
at 66/100MHz, don't worry about the si tools. if you use standard
parts like intel or amd chipsets, u should get a routing rules spec
that has min,max lengths. follow the rules and make sure you have
appropriate parallelism spacing. what you will need is length and
spacing reports from your pcb tools and some perl scripts to check
them. no need to simulate.
if you are designing on your own, use pspice or specctra or mentor
or whether u know and do some preroute simulations to generate the
rules and repeat the same steps above.
you have two more months to finish your stuff and graduate, don't
waste time on si tools. there are plenty of opportunity to learn
that when you start working. :-)
chris