Re: [SI-LIST] : Coax connection to a CPW guide

From: Walt Kreiger ([email protected])
Date: Fri Mar 31 2000 - 04:45:09 PST

Guido,
 I might suggest you try something like a Johnson Components launcher, but
the mechanics might be impossible. It is a very clean coax to microstrip
launch, but you'd need some em simulation to get the CPW right. The
microstrip launch is supposed to be good for 18GHZ; I've used them and they
seem to be that good.
 To attach to the outside of a housing may not be easy; through a housing
might be reasonable.
 I'm interested in the solution to your problem. Please, copy me on
anybody's suggestions.
Thanks,
      Walt Kreiger
      Applications Engineering
      Performance Test Div of Probe Technology