RE: [SI-LIST] : EMC Issue - servo amplifier

From: Gaines, William ([email protected])
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 07:40:02 PST

In one design, it was not the EMI that drove the design, but just the noise
from the output of the PWM driver. In this case we were driving a heater at
50khz! The analog circuits eventually had to be placed in an entirely
different enclosure. Since this was for a Space application, we were
limited to Radiation hardened devices. (BTW, even with addressing the EMI
issues during the initial design, we still spent a year solving the EMI
issues on this instrument, but that is another story!)

Bill Gaines
Sr. Engineer, Electronic Packaging, Aerojet, Azusa
626-812-2199 m-f 7-3:30 626-969-5772 fax
[email protected] 626-849-2324 pager