Re: [SI-LIST] : Daisy-Chain

From: S. Weir ([email protected])
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 12:44:52 PST

Jeff,

The primary value of those resistors is to decouple the parasitic
capacitance of each load from the T-line. For the parallel case, if R
matches Zo, then it limits the impedance bump at each drop to -Zo/2. To
the extent that skew can be tolerated, the bigger the R, the better as in
the limit Zo is undisturbed, but also in the limit no AC signal gets to any
pin.

Most commonly, matching series R's are used at opposing ends as series
terms on bidirectional data lines, where there are only loads/drivers at
the two ends.

Regards,

Steve.