Re: [SI-LIST] : different 4-layer board Stack up (S-P-G-S) ?

From: [email protected]
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 10:14:33 PST

Brent,
I agree with you that with a board thickness of 0.062", you will have very
long vias if you want to keep power and ground planes close together. I
think it is about time that we got rid of this so called standard board
thickness of 0.062", particularly for 4-layer boards. For high speed board
design, it is so much more advantageous to have good buried capacitance,
that I would rather go for a non-standard board thickness.

By the way, can someone enlighten me on how 0.062" came to be the standard
board thickness.

Regards,

Ravinder Ajmani
PCB Development and Design Department
IBM Corporation - Storage Systems Division
Email: [email protected]
Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
.... Mark Twain

[email protected]@silab.eng.sun.com on 03/07/2000 09:40:48
AM

Please respond to [email protected]