[SI-LIST] : SpectraQuest vs XTK

From: Shannon Roseman ([email protected])
Date: Sat Mar 04 2000 - 23:15:28 PST

As part of an acquisition requirement, we are changing our design tools. Our designs are high density, high speed digital 33Mhz to 1GHz. We are changing PCB layout to Allegro from Cadence. We are also changing schematic entry to either Cadence HDL or ViewLogic ViewDraw. The Cadence tool of choice for SI simulation seems to be SpectraQuest while ViewLogic's tool is XTK. I have heard positive reviews for XTK on this forum but never SpectraQuest. Has anyone out there successfully used the SpectraQuest tool? Can someone give me a comparison of the two tools and/or their capabilities? Can anyone speak to the specific advantages of XTK bundled with ViewLogic vs using XTK with Cadence HDL? Does anyone have statistics for the number of XTK seats vs SpectraQuest seats in the industry?

Thanks in advance,
Shannon Roseman
Senior Hardware Engineer
Compatible Systems