RE: [SI-LIST] : Stack up

From: Iulian Ungureanu ([email protected])
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 09:47:53 PST

All,

Thanks for the advises.
Of course, it will be nice to have signal and ground layers alternating, but
the result will be a monster that don't fit in the cage!
What I'll do is swap 1.8V with Gnd(like Doug said - it makes sense and it is
free!!).
I'll also keep the PECL on the same layers as LVDS - luckily this signals
don't cross paths; with the right clearance between classes, it'll be fine -
I guess.
Now, my other concern is: the HS3 connector is aprox. .8" long - the LVDS
signals have to coexist within the connector. Once out, they can spread, to
minimize the crosstalk. How big is the damage - can I live with it?
I'm running signals at 777.6 MHz speed (3rd harmonic will be close to 2.4
GHz)

Thanks to Doug, Lee and Steve for their help.

Iulian U.