Re: [SI-LIST] : modeling languages (was: receiver jitter)

From: Fred Balistreri ([email protected])
Date: Fri Jan 21 2000 - 13:35:26 PST

Kim, this is getting pretty old and fustrating. All of the stuff
plus more is avaliable in our spice. You actually evaluated it
but obviously missed some important points. I know the weak
points to our products, GUI and integration are not its strong
points. And I fully understand why you went with Cadence.
But to be frank as SI SPICE packages go we got the best
implimentation and most of the feature you guys have been
clamering about have been there since 1991. We are a small
company and don't have the marketing might that Mentor or
Cadence have but our technology still remains sound and we
have many technical advantages that some guys of this reflector
could use. So its getting hard to read this stuff and take it
seriously. SPICE PLUS was circa 1986. The GUI is still unsurpassed
for analog applications. But we have added lots of neat stuff in
our SPICE some of which shows up as a wish list for Hspice on
the SI reflector. And I fully understand why people use Hspice as
well but come on guys WAKE UP!

Best Regards,

Fred Balistreri
[email protected]