Re: [SI-LIST] : modeling languages (was: receiver jitter)

From: Kim Helliwell ([email protected])
Date: Fri Jan 21 2000 - 13:07:05 PST

That's pretty much what I thought you meant. I know of
a SPICE-like simulator that does most of that (in fact,
I worked on it in a former career).

Unfortunately it's not an SI-centric simulator (does
not have lossy couple transmission lines, for example)
and it's not directly available on the market. It's
not impossible to get hold of, but there's little current
support for it because it's an orphaned part of a larger
software package.

I don't know why other simulator suppliers haven't tried
to duplicate this sort of thing. As far as I'm aware,
HSPICE has nothing close to this, and I don't know about
PSPICE, but I don't think it does either. Cadence's Spectre
has HDL (in various flavors) but, while SpectreHDL is
very powerful, there's a fairly steep learning curve to
use it effectively. I don't think anyone comes close
to the AWB/SpicePlus implementation of behavioral sources
for power plus ease of use.

Pretty good for an essentially defunct product!

--
Kim Helliwell
Senior CAE Engineer