[SI-LIST] : receiver jitter

From: Chris Cheng ([email protected])
Date: Mon Jan 17 2000 - 16:51:26 PST

as core and signal swing getting smaller and smaller, this
problem is getting worst. compound this with source sync
buses where the strobes and data can behave differently
(true differential vs. pseudo differential), i believe
predicting the response of the receiver under different
waveforms input will be as important as simulating
the propagation of signal in the interconnect
environment. this will be the final nail in the coffin for
behavioral models like ibis which is totally incapable of
handling such analysis. i have seen pitiful attempts to
qualitatively describe it in ring back or edge rate
extrapolation but without the ability to simulate the
receiver behavior, those specs are just fancy words with
no meaningful insight into the response of the true
receiver.
can i spell SPICE again.
chris