[SI-LIST] : [Fwd: TDNACal access]

From: Ron Miller ([email protected])
Date: Mon Jan 17 2000 - 17:19:58 PST

Hi Guys

If you use frequency domain data read on. Otherwise, trash this.

If any of you are working on TDNACal from NIST, please read the attached
question.

--
Ronald B. Miller  _\\|//_  Signal Integrity Engineer
(408)487-8017    (' 0-0 ') fax(408)487-8017

attached mail follows:

Hi Don

Thanks very much for the access info.

We now have TDNACal working in the differential mode and are collecting data.

A side issue has come up on collecting data, so I wonder if you have any thoughts on what can be done.

PROBLEM long cables:

Since TDNACal operates from a TDR/TDT source transforming the time domain data to S-parameters, when one measures long cables the time becomes long and the frequencys become lowered as compared to a short length device.

I know we can increase the order of the FFT but only within reason. Accordingly, I was wondering if you know of any way to mathematically reduce the time domain display by subtracting out a fixed amount of time for the far end response on the display, thereby allowing a shorter sweep time and higher frequency components while still having the correct delay?

There may be other ways. Can you or your colleagues think of something that might work?

Thanks you again for the help with TDNACal.

Ron Miller