Hit-A-STAR Receiver Hardware
Back to home page.
- The first block is a nine-band bandpass filter designed by Peter, G3XJP.
It is currently published in RadCom.
- Following, there's an H-Mode mixer, also a design of G3XJP,
known as the Magic Roundabout. The design also includes the
IF amplifier which follows (or precedes, depending on the -dynamic- configuration).
- A barefoot DDS (following the STAR transceiver philosophy) is used.
Pic'n Mix is not used, and this board features only the DDS.
- Pro : very low phase noise.
- Con : spurs.
- The second IF mixer, amplifiers, etc... are on the second IF board
which is part of the Pic-A-STAR design.
- The DSP board is the second part of Pic-A-STAR.
It features software filters and detection.
- The speaker block represents all the AF section, to minimize the width of
- Not displayed on the block diagram are the controller and display boards.