[SI-LIST] : Opportunities at Dell - looking for input

From: [email protected]
Date: Tue Sep 26 2000 - 17:02:30 PDT

Please read, as I would appreciate any help or input that you might be able
to provide.

I am in need of a leader for the simulation team supporting desktop and
portable development for Dell, here in Austin, TX. The question I have for
the SI community is: In the world of trade-offs would you prefer a
manager/leader with management experience or one with direct simulation
experience (but little or no management experience)?

I'd love your feedback. Also, if you are interested, or know of someone who
might be interested in this position, please forward resumes to me -
[email protected].

Here is the job description which is posted on Dell's web page.

"The responsibilities include managing the resources which provide
simulation support for the design and layout of Dell's desktop and portable
platforms. Duties include managing all activities necessary to take a
design from concept to production-ready prototype, analyzing the
architecture definition, schematic design and resolving conflicting layout
requirements, working with Development Engineering, ECAD and Electrical
Analysis teams and management. Additional duties include working with
extended team members and suppliers to identify and resolve issues.
Individual should have strong analytical and problem solving skills and be
comfortable dealing with ambiguity. Familiarity with simulation processes
and tools, as well as basic transmission line and electromagnetic field
theory, is a requirement for this position. 5-10 years experience
preferred."

Thanks,
Fran Hart
Sr. Manager, Signal Integrity