RE: [SI-LIST] : Decoupling capacitors (again!)

From: Moran, Brian P ([email protected])
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 13:20:24 PDT

Martin,

While 2 mil "BC" cores are patented by HADCO, there is nothing wrong with
using a layer stack that has 2 to 4 mil pre-preg between power and ground.
This is not a core, but produces the same effect. You might be pushing it
below 4 mils, because of the additional slop inherent in prepreg vs core,
but you can accomplish the same effect.

Brian Moran
Intel Corp.