Re: [SI-LIST] : best layer stackup for 2 PWR 4 Signal and 100 Oh

From: Andrew W. Riley III ([email protected])
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 20:28:15 PDT

Hello (name removed),

The only trivial questions in the SI-LIST are probably mine. I state this because the majority of the people in the SI-LIST are probably dealing with tighter constraints than my 200MHz designs w/rise time requirements at or slower than 1ns. Also, I only have just over three years experience in the electronics field and I work as an engineer (mostly translating/getting other people's designs and a few of mine to work together) with a mere associates degree. This is must be due to the grace of my employer or because I work for a relatively small company. In either case, I like what I am doing, and I want to do more. This is why I am here (in this SI group).
I do not consider anything trivial that has to do with a personal computer. I have only 11 years of experience helping people with PC's and I would be happy to answer your question if I could.
The difficulty that I have explaining to you exactly how to subscribe to a newsgroup is the many different programs that are available. I use Outlook Express. Some people prefer Netscape Messenger, Eudora, or many others. Exact instructions are not the same for all. Let me know what you use and I can give you exact details within 24 hours if you use Outlook Express, Netscape Messenger, or Eudora. It may take a while longer to research a different email program.
The best way to find out how to setup newsgroups is to look or search for newsgroups in the help section of your email program.
Or,
If your email program supports hyperlinks, an easy alternative (I should have posted this properly in the first place) is to click on the following newsgroups that you wish to subscribe, one at a time;
If you would like any specific information, if the above links do not work for any reason, or any of the above is unclear, please reply to this email and ask. I will help you to the best of my knowledge. I live in California so if you have a question during the hours of 8:00am to 4:00pm Pacific Standard Time, I should be able to respond faster if you send your PC related questions directly to my email address at work; (removed).

After finishing the above and thinking, I have decided to post my reply to the SI-LIST. First and foremost to apologize to Ray and everyone else that I might have offended with my remarks in my previous post, I do not want to cut my own throat any more than I may already have.

I'll stop ranting and shutup now.
Drew