RE: [SI-LIST] : Split Plane

From: Christoph Hillen ([email protected])
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 23:30:04 PDT

Brad,

Did you think about doing this job using MicroVia technology?
In this case you would be able to cover the top and bottom layer with ground, as
the Fanout-Vias are in the pad.
So the top and bottom ground plane will be real planes over the whole board!
Then the stackup could look like this:

GND
Signal
Signal
3.3V
GND
Signal
Signal
GND
5V
Signal
Signal
GND

Because of the MicroVias, you will be able to route much more effective, as they
don't block other layers - perhaps you can even save one or two signal layers.
If you are looking for good EMI performance, this would be a good idea.

Christoph Hillen
Utimaco Safeware AG
Germany

"Brad Crowell" <[email protected]> on 23.05.2000 15:49:16

Please respond to [email protected]