Re: [SI-LIST] : 20-H Rule and Self-Resonant Frequency of Power Planes

From: Ray Anderson ([email protected])
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 11:06:20 PDT

Mark wrote in part:

> > The "self-resonance situation," noted in the statement within my book,refers
> > to reflection and flux-phase-skews that reactive terminations present at the
> > end of a transmission line, if proper termination is not provided. Power and
> > ground planes are in reality transmission lines, and must be treated as
> > such.

        I had some of the same questions, especially about "flux-phase-skews".
        I'm not familiar with this term/concept as related to SI/EMC issues.

        Wonder if anyone else has come across it anywhere else in the literature
        other than in reference to a malfunctioning warp-core on a starship.
        (or was that phase variance :)

        I guess I'm going to need to get hold of a copy of Mark's book and
        see what the total explanation is. I'm having a bit of a difficult
        time rationalizing some of the concepts he has presented in his recently
        posted disclosure.

        Ray