Re: [SI-LIST] : Any buffer suggestions?

From: S. Weir ([email protected])
Date: Sat Mar 25 2000 - 15:45:55 PST

Quickswitch parts should do nicely, and are available from most logic
manufacturers. They will prevent excess 5V swing from reaching the 3.3V
parts, and allow the 3V swing to get to the backplane. Since these are
NMOS transmission gates, the only delay they contribute is due to parasitic
RC, which can be quite low. Then, the drive strength is whatever else is
on your backplane to/from the DSP. If this is not adequate, then you will
need really fast level shifting buffers. You I know of MICREL single
voltage parts, ( typically used for big DRAM arrays ) that meet your
timing, but I do not know if they have level shifting parts that are that fast.

Regards,

Steve.