[SI-LIST] : How to create IEEE SI Society Chapters ?

From: Ray Anderson ([email protected])
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 13:11:54 PST

Dear Sir:

        I am the list administrator for si-list, an internet mailing list
for signal integrity engineers. We presently have approximately 1500 members
subscribed to the list both from academia and industry. The majority of the
members reside in the USA though we have members from many other countries
as well. You may find it informative to inspect the list archives to
become familiar with the sort of topics signal integrity engineers deal
with. The archives can be accessed at http://www.qsl.net/wb6tpu .

        Recently the concept of starting local IEEE SI Society Chapters was broached,
and it seems that there is very strong support for the concept. I have attached
a number of messages below from list members who have expressed interest in the
concept. I am sure there are numerous others who are interested in starting
and/or joining local chapters of an SI Society if one were to exist. The
current EMC Society Chapters are a good example model.

        The question arose as to how members would proceed to create local
chapters under the IEEE auspices. If you could provide some information
and direction on what the appropriate steps are to initiate the development
of such local IEEE Society Chapters I will pass the info on to the list membership.
At that point the "organizers" in the group can take the ball and run with it.

Regards,

        Raymond E. Anderson
        Signal Integrity Engineer
        si-list administrator