RE: [SI-LIST] : Bad IBIS models!

From: Muranyi, Arpad ([email protected])
Date: Fri Mar 17 2000 - 11:07:45 PST

These kinds of disclaimers are mostly the result of our current society's
way of thinking and the resulting law system where everyone is suing
everyone
else to get rich. Speaking for the models I make, I know that they are
good,
but our legal department wants these disclaimers in there anyway.

Arpad Muranyi
Intel Corporation

> 19."Not guaranteed" model.
> Hey, if you couldn't guarantee your model, I cannot guarantee my
> simulation. Also I cannot guarantee to continue to use your devices.

I sympathize with this notion, but in today's litigous society, this is
probably unrealistic. I think the best we can hope for is a clear
explanation
of how the model was generated and verified. There will always be
disclaimers
as to the accuracy of the model or the fitness for a particular purpose.
This
is to keep the vendor's lawyers happy. But there are other ways to tell
whether
a vendor actually cares about the results, and you have to key off those.

Kim Helliwell
Senior CAE Engineer
Acuson Corporation
Phone: 650 694 5030  FAX: 650 943 7260