Re: [SI-LIST] : Bad IBIS models!

From: Kim Helliwell (
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 14:29:28 PST

Scott McMorrow wrote:
> My major pet peeves:
> Packages that are dead wrong.
> ... and most are.
> Double counting die capacitance in with package
> capacitance.
> Ramps and Waveform tables created at high load resistance.
> Min and Max waveform tables created at nominal voltage.
> IV curves which don't pass through the origin.

maybe the buffer has a built-in battery?
You're right; I had a recent example of this also,
for just the Max curve, for some reason. Ugh!

> Extracted parameters at typical corner only.
> ... etc ... etc....

You are right on with all of this. My critique was aimed at
the mechanics; you are getting into subtler issue involving

Kim Helliwell
Senior CAE Engineer
Acuson Corporation
Phone: 650 694 5030  FAX: 650 943 7260