RE: [SI-LIST] : Your experience with equivalent circuit modeling tools ...

From: Ingraham, Andrew ([email protected])
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 10:32:12 PST

>So, I would like to ask how you all usually extract circuit
>models for e.g. interconnects, packages etc. ?

One way is to start with the physical geometry and use a field solver to
create equivalent circuit models. May require a lot of interaction and some
intuition about where and how to break the problem up into smaller sets.

Then do your lab measurements and verify the model, or tweak it to make it
fit the measured data.

Andy