RE: [SI-LIST] : Your experience with equivalent circuit modeling tools ...

From: Weston Beal ([email protected])
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 09:01:44 PST

Christian,

Most SI engineers are involved in digital designs. As such, these teams
usually don't have time nor expertise to create their own models of
interconnects and components. The majority of SI work is done with whatever
model the engineer can get ahold of in a moment of need. Some of these come
from a vendor. Some are just approximations from a datasheet or guesses
made from experience. There are nice modeling programs available, but few
people who have the money and the time and the knowledge to use them
effectively.

Now, if there is someone who doesn't work like this, we'd like to hear about
it.

Regards,
Weston