[SI-LIST] : CAD for SI, EMC. Hyperlynx experiences.

From: Jose Rodriguez ([email protected])
Date: Thu Feb 17 2000 - 12:17:18 PST

Hi,

  I am currently looking for software to do SI, EMC analysis of PC board assemblies.

  My main objective is to reduce the number of PCB iterations and off-site testing, by predicting the EM radiation from a PC board, and be able to compare different ground plane and signal routing strategies.
  Each CAD iteration SI analysis would be done post-layout. I do not really believe a pre-layout tool would be that useful and realistic.

  We currently use PADS PowerPCB for our boards.
  I would like to be able to directly export the ASCII (*.asc) file to the SI software.

  We do not have a big budget, to support very expensive CAD solutions.
  I am looking to spend less than $10K.

  Do any of you know of a good, useful CAD tool like that?

  I have heard of HyperLynx. It is compatible with PADS.
  Have any of you used it?
  What are its pros? Cons?

  Thank you very much for any answers!

Jose L. Rodriguez