[SI-LIST] : Request for AMP Materials Paper

From: DAmbrosia, John F ([email protected])
Date: Fri Feb 04 2000 - 14:20:47 PST

Everyone,
Thank you for expressing interesting in the paper we presented at DesignCon
99 on alternate materials. The EDN article was based on this same
presentation. The presentation is available for download at
www.amp.com/simulation <http://www.amp.com/simulation> . Please go to
"Documents" (menu at left), and select "Conference Papers." The
presentation is "The Impact of PWB Construction on High-Speed Signals."

In addition, two papers we presented at this year's DesignCon are available
for download.

The first paper is "Practical Guidelines for Implementing 5 Gbps in Copper
Today, and the Roadmap to 10 Gbps." For those of you who were unable to
attend, AMP showed a backplane supporting 5 Gb/s serial speeds. This paper
goes into the guidelines used to design this backplane, and actually shows
an eye pattern obtained at 10 Gbps.

The second paper is "Evaluation of Maximum Usable Lengths for Cabled Copper
Interconnects." This paper discusses various cabling options, i.e. how
fast, how far.

Both of these papers are timely, considering the happenings in the efforts
to develop 10 Gbps standards. We invite you to download these papers.

Have a nice day!

John D'Ambrosia
AMP Circuits & Design
Program Manager, Strategic Accounts
Tel (717) 986-5692
Fax (717) 986-5095
Email: [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>