RE: [SI-LIST] : Coplanar Transmission Line

From: Jian Zheng ([email protected])
Date: Fri Feb 04 2000 - 08:20:46 PST

Hi, Ron:

I did not say dielectric loss is related to capacitance. All the discussion
I made is based upon the formula:

Loss = volume_integraion_of ( sigma * E * E ), where sigma is the
conductivity and E is the electric field.

You should check any electromagnetic text book for this formula. The above
formula has nothing to do with capacitance. Thanks!

Best regards,

------------
Jian-X. Zheng, Ph.D
Zeland Software, Inc., 39676 Mission Blvd., Fremont, CA 94539, U.S.A.
Tel: 510-797-8109, Fax: 510-797-8241, Web: http://www.zeland.com
Special Announcement: (1)We are offering a training class on April 4 and 5.
Please check our web site for more information; (2) IE3D 7.0 is released. It
is a big step from IE3D 6.0 according to its optimization capability. It has
the implementation of symbolic optimization goals. It also features
integrated IE3D+CURVIEW+PATTERNVIEW for automated pattern calculation and
pattern optimization.