RE: [SI-LIST] : Coplanar Transmission Line

From: Jian Zheng ([email protected])
Date: Fri Feb 04 2000 - 08:29:59 PST

Hi, Sam:

Following are my COMMENT on your message.

COMMENT: I agree with what you said. Loss tangent is equivalent with the
conductivity sigma. Normally, in a narrow bandwidth, the loss tangent is
constant. However, sigma is more a constant over a wide frequency. The
relationship betwen loss tangent and sigma is:

 Ert = Er * ( 1 - j LossTangent ) = Er - j Er * LossTangent = Er - j Sigma /
( Omega * E0 )

or

 LossTangent = Sigma / ( Omega * E0 * Er )

where Omega = 2 * PI * frequency, E0 = 8.86e-12