RE: [SI-LIST] : Noise Voltage levels vs. EMI levels

Larry Smith ([email protected])
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 10:13:13 -0700 (PDT)

When an EMI engineer talks about ground bounce, many times he is
discussing the voltage on a ground node with respect to the center of
the earth. Measurements and models for this voltage are important for
EMI purposes, but are beyond the scope of what an SI engineer usually
does. When we discuss EMI and SI topics, it is very important to
define our terms.

I hope this helps the discussion. This is a very important topic for
those of us who are trying to make circuits that both work and comply
to EMI standards at the same time.

regards,
Larry Smith
Sun Microsystems