W5ECO - Houston ECHO Society - Meetings
amateur radio is such a broad hobby you will find ECHO members involved
with just about every aspect of it. Besides repeaters ECHO participates
in various contests such as the ARRL field day and provides
communications for the Tour DuRouge bike ride. Members participate in
many other area public service events. As for personal
hobbies, members are involved in everything from kit building to
WSPR to FT8 to raspberry PI to helping (elmering) newcomers. Everyone is welcome to attend the club meetings and are
encouraged to join in on the fun.
ECHO will be celebrating 50 years in 2024. Go here to learn about plans for a special event station.
February 12 is our next meeting. Lee Gaspard will have a presentation
on how the Houston Marathon went and "lessons learned," plus maybe some
photos of the event.
- In addition we will start making nominations for club officers for the upcoming year (April 1 to April 1). We
have six positions available. Since we do lots of things digitally
these days, a club officer position does not require massive amounts of
time, but you can serve the club in the time you put in. The positions
are President, Vice President, Recording Secretary, Corresponding
Secretary, Treasurer and Parliamentarian. Please consider serving your
- President runs meetings, gets speakers
- VP assists President, helps get presentation speakers
- Recording Sec - takes notes at meetings
- Corresponding Sec - sends out meeting minutes, sends out meeting reminders
- Treasurer - financials, budget items
- Parliamentarian - keeps order makes sure meetings stay on task
- We will also discuss plans for the 50th anniversary.
| ACTIVITIES | OFFICERS | MEETING DATE/LOCATION | PHOTOS | NET | CALENDAR | OTHER AREA CLUBS