p43e @ hotmail.com
CC# 1649, silv# 415
The station has the needed essentials for day-to-day operation.
Also, I often use it for contesting.
Left: TH7DX @ 45', Right: Mosley PRO-67-C3 @ 70'. Picture: 2002.
- Yaesu FT-1000 MP, Yaesu FT-847, Kenwood TS-840,
- no amps currently
- Tower 1 (45ft): TH7DX (new Feb. 2015)
- Tower 2 (70ft): Currently nothing, but a 40m Cushcraft and 6m beam (spring-summer
2015) is planned.
On occasion, I get requests whether I rent out my station. My station
is not available for rent, however take a look at
www.p49v.com (new QTH) or
www.arubaqth.com. It is the
perfect option if you are interested in doing a contest, or if you want to be
the DX. Currently these are the only P4 rentals available.
Even though Aruba nowadays is known as a tourist
destination, some of us actually do live here year round, and I am one of the
"lucky" ones. Except for my college years when I
attended the University of Miami in Coral Gables, FL, I have always lived here. In 1996,
after completing my Masters in International Business and Computer Information
Systems, I returned back to Aruba. At present, I am working in the private
sector for a local construction company.
GUEST OPERATION/ CONTESTING ABROAD
- KK1Z- part of the team that gave out the R2 multiplier
during the IARU contest. KK1Z is XE1KK's American callsign, and he is
an IARU official. We worked from K1IR's QTH. This was during the
WRTC 2014 (July 2014) in Boston.
- PW5J- M/S, Santa Catarina Island, Brazil, July 2006. WRTC 2006 competitor:
P43E/ WA1S team. First YL team sponsored by Al, 4L5A.
- CT3YA (M/M, October, 2005), and as CT3/AG4JY before the contest
(CT3/AG4JY: QSL via P43E).
- A61AJ (M/M, Dubai, UAE, October, 2003)
- OI2HQ (M/M IARU contest, 20m from OH6LI station, Somere, Finland)
- OH0/P43E (Brando Island, Aland Islands, July 2002)
- OH2/P43E (from WRTC guest station at Radisson Hotel, Helsinki, Finland, July 2002)
- S5/P43E (from WRTC guest station at Hotel, Bled, Slovenia, July 2000)
- last updated: