[SI-LIST] : D/W vs. S/H

From: Loyer, Jeff W ([email protected])
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 12:54:52 PST

Doug's query brought up a related question to my feeble mind...

Is there any reason to specify distance between traces relative to their
width? As far as I know, the most critical dimensions to consider are: 1)
distance between the edges of two traces, relative to 2) distance between
the trace and its ground plane(s). The width of the conductor is not a
significant factor, unless you're using center-to-center separation, where
you'll have to take into account the width. I don't understand why we
wouldn't specify S/H instead of D/W (see below).

      ^

     (H)

Jeff Loyer
(253) 371-8093