Re: [SI-LIST] : XFX error

From: Laurence Michaels ([email protected])
Date: Fri May 12 2000 - 08:10:00 PDT

Philip Gantt wrote:

> Here's a good one for all of the XTK experts out there. In running XFX,
> I experienced the following error:
>
> ERROR 330: Jacobi convergence error.
>
> ERROR 73: Solution fails to converge for configuration CFG_186, try with finer
> grid.
>
> ERROR 71: Failure to process loss matrix
>
> FATAL_ERROR 4: Error in Processing input file
>
> Illegal Instruction
>
> I have already done the obvious like examining the stackup in the gcf file and
> structure of the xfx file. Nothing unusual stands out. I looked at CFG_186 and
> it doesn't look much different than CFG_185. How do I get this to converge with
> a finer grid?

Contact Quad support at [email protected], and try modifying
the
XFX configuration by slightly changing some of the dimensions in the
.xfx file.

Make the trace width 5.001 instead of 5.0, etc.

Sometimes a slight change will avoid some instability in the calculation
engine. Send the config to quad support, so that they know there's a
problem. This is XFX, not XFX3D, right?

Laurence Michaels