Re: [SI-LIST] : XFX error

From: Laurence Michaels (
Date: Fri May 12 2000 - 08:10:00 PDT

Philip Gantt wrote:
> Here's a good one for all of the XTK experts out there. In running XFX,
> I experienced the following error:
> ERROR 330: Jacobi convergence error.
> ERROR 73: Solution fails to converge for configuration CFG_186, try with finer
> grid.
> ERROR 71: Failure to process loss matrix
> FATAL_ERROR 4: Error in Processing input file
> Illegal Instruction
> I have already done the obvious like examining the stackup in the gcf file and
> structure of the xfx file. Nothing unusual stands out. I looked at CFG_186 and
> it doesn't look much different than CFG_185. How do I get this to converge with
> a finer grid?

Contact Quad support at, and try modifying
XFX configuration by slightly changing some of the dimensions in the
.xfx file.

Make the trace width 5.001 instead of 5.0, etc.

Sometimes a slight change will avoid some instability in the calculation
engine. Send the config to quad support, so that they know there's a
problem. This is XFX, not XFX3D, right?

Laurence Michaels