RE: [SI-LIST] : Reducing Power and Ground Noise

From: Mayer, Mike ([email protected])
Date: Thu May 11 2000 - 11:46:28 PDT

> I'm working on a board currently which has "high" power
> and ground
> noise. I'm looking for effective methods of reducing this noise.

Make sure the noise is real. Even "short" scope probe leads pick up
significant noise. I have had success using a piece of RG-174 connected
directly to the planes (e.g., soldering to surface mount decoupling cap
pads).

=
Mike Mayer Artesyn Communication Products, Inc
Senior Hardware Design Engineer Madison, WI
[email protected] http://www.artesyncp.com