RE: [SI-LIST] : Rambus patent posturing - what gives?

From: X2Y ATTENUATORS, LLC. ([email protected])
Date: Mon Mar 27 2000 - 02:58:38 PST

Andrew:

        Since this is not the Legal Integrity List, my only a guess would be that
Hitachi's case is weak. Invoking additional help from the Federal Government
(Yikes!, Is there such a thing? ) in the form of filing Sherman Anti-Trust
complaints seems to me to be a bit of a stretch. I thought this act was
primarily aimed at monopolistic practices by large corporations doing
business across state lines. Since the Rambus market share is small (Now),
it would appear to me not to be applicable. Besides, I thought an issued
U.S. Patent was the Federal Governments' license for "an exclusive legal
monopoly"?

        In any case, the attorneys on both sides should eat well in this one.

Best Regards,

William M. Anthony
X2Y Attenuators, LLC.
http://www.x2y.com