RE: [SI-LIST] : Bad IBIS models!

From: Mayer, Mike ([email protected])
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 14:21:16 PST

I've had bad models that were promptly fixed by the manufacturer, which is
annoying but at least I end up with a good model.

The worst I've seen is the Motorola MPC860. The model available in their
"Engineer's Toolbox" is completely unusable. After going through their tech
support, I finally was able to exchange email with someone in engineering.
After one exchange I got a one sentence reply to my questions: "There is no
more information on this model".

The model is still there:

http://www.mot-sps.com/products/microprocessors/32_bit/mpc800/mpc860tools.ht
ml

The pin numbers are wrong (it's a BGA), the pin parasitics and C_comp are
missing, the clamp curves are incomplete, and it's from 1996, so it is
probably not representative of current silicon.

=
Mike Mayer Artesyn Communication Products, Inc
Senior Hardware Design Engineer Madison, WI
[email protected] http://www.artesyn.com/cp
=