RE: [SI-LIST] : Adding inductors to ground?

From: sweir ([email protected])
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 17:21:52 PST

The usual good intention of this is to keep noise from the planes out of
the PLL, not the other way around. The fear is that the VCO will get
thrown off by PS noise. It can be more dangerous to use an inductor,
unless the filter is properly damped, than to use either a resistor or
direct connection. In either case, high quality bypass from the PLL VCC to
the PLL ground is very important. This is also one of the places where
judicious moating can be very useful.

Regards,

Steve.