Re: [SI-LIST] : Frequency dependence and all that jazz

From: Arani Sinha ([email protected])
Date: Wed Jan 26 2000 - 12:02:03 PST

I was going through the old e-mails on this thread and realised
that no one had mentioned frequency independent modeling of frequency
dependent effects.

For example, skin effect can be modeled by dividing the conductor
into filaments. Each filament is a conductor in its own right. The
current distribution in each filament is assumed to be the same. The
circuit representing this conductor is made up of these filaments in
parallel. Now, the filament in the center has maximum mutual inductance
contribution from neighboring filaments in the conductor, and the one
on the surface has lesser. This determines the current through each
filament. This was described in a paper by Weeks et. al in the IBM J.
Res and Dev, 1979.

Frequency independent loop inductance modeling was described in Krauter
& Mehrotra, Design Automation Conference, 1998. This paper has