Re: [SI-LIST] : What's your favourite Screwy SI Concept?

From: Aubrey Keith Sparkman ([email protected])
Date: Mon Jan 10 2000 - 19:34:04 PST

I had some doubts about the idea of posting a favorite "Screwy SI Concept" when it was first proposed. Now that I have seen several postings, I like the
idea, but ONLY under the following condition.

Post your favorite "Screwy SI Concept" ONLY if you can post two things:
1) How it was used incorrectly and
2) How it should be used.

This will accomplish several things. It will help educate us with good examples of "how to" and "how not to". This is, after all one of the best ways to
learn and that is supposed to be one of the reasons for this distribution list. Perhaps this will also reduce postings by people trying to trash a "Rule
of Thumb" they don't understand. And it IS DANGEROUS to use a "Rule of Thumb" without knowing its limitations.

Just my $0.02

Aubrey Sparkman