RE: [SI-LIST] : Input switching threshold & CPCI

From: Abe Riazi ([email protected])
Date: Fri Jan 07 2000 - 17:13:14 PST

       "Ingraham, Andrew" Wrote:

>I have seen parts marketed for 3.3V signaling that didn't have the
>_mandatory_ clamp diodes to 3.3V.

      Hi:

     This is interesting and I would like to share related thoughts and
experience. I have also received from some vendors behavioral models
which lacked POWER or GND clamp sections, in contradiction to the Bus
requirements or the actual device.

   Of course, this type of model defect is undesirable and requires
correction, as it can produce simulation results with invalid positive
or negative overshoot.

    Interpretation of simulation outcome can be a delicate task which
should not be clouded by any artifacts, simulator deficiency or model
defects.

  Recently, Doug Smith emphasized importance of building test boards to
check validity of a simulation result; indeed whenever feasible,
simulation should be accompanied by actual physical measurements to
allow correlation of simulation outcome and physical data.

  Best Regards,

  Abe Riazi
  Anigma, Inc.