Re: [SI-LIST] : low jitter PLL ?

Eric Heistermann ([email protected])
Thu, 03 Jun 1999 08:51:59 -0700

Vectron makes a TRU-050 PLL that would do what you want, but I think it only goes up to around 70 MHz.
It may have changed since I looked at it last. It's kind of a big package though.

Synergy makes PECL clock synthesizers (like the SY89429) that might meet the specs. you stated.
Motorola makes similar parts.

If you can do without the PLL filtering, Semtech makes some very high speed clock buffers. You'd
have to do everything in PECL though.

I've found to get a better than 20 ps rms jitter requires a VCXO, so you might need to build the PLL
yourself because it's hard to find someone that makes an integrated part that has a jitter spec. that good.
The Vectron part uses a VCXO to get the < 20 ps jitter. If you go along this path Valpey-Fisher makes
some small package VCXOs that have better than 1 ps rms jitter (with TTL or CMOS outputs).

Eric