RE: [SI-LIST] : Package Parasitics Modelling

Abe Riazi ([email protected])
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 21:13:01 -0800

Dear All,

I have used both the lumped and transmission line parasitic models in
SI simulations. The Critical length determines which type is suitable.
If the critical length is small, as in case of Rambus bus, then
transmission
line model is required to achieve sufficient simulation accurcy. On the
other hand, for long critical lengths the lumped RLC model is usually
satisfactory.

Regards,

Abe Riazi
[email protected]