VINTAGE ARMY RADIO OPERATOR page
Last Update November
A.D. MM NEWS
This page is mainly devoted to the Vintage Military Radio Fans. It is not in competition with other sites with a similar subject. As soon as possible we will suggest these sites and we will link with them. You can see this page like a newspaper that include only running info, if you like a magazine, you have only a choise problem (see suggested link)
Questa sezione è dedicata agli amanti della tecnica e della storia degli apparati radio Ex-Militari. Nella sezione Italiana potrete trovare articoli originali e una selezione di articoli prelevati da altri siti e tradotti nella nostra lingua (previa autorizzazione degli autori). Spero che la cosa sia di interesse e spero di ospitare anche Vs articoli.
- VARO FREQUENCIES
- EVENTS CALENDAR
- AD MM RULES
- SEG PAGE (In Lingua Italiana)
- La PAGINA DEL COLLEZIONISTA (In Lingua Italiana)
Like first info below is mentioned
the frequencies where it is possible find Vintage Army Radio stations.
In the list will be also the Group that held those frequencies. I know that in the world there are many othe
Groups and than I hope in your cooperation to include also these new reference points.
23.30 UTC 3703 kHz CW 19SN - CANADA VA3ORP
10:00 your local
7081 kHz RATT ARMYRADIOS-USA
11:00 your local 7296 kHz USB ARMYRADIOS-USA
12:30 UTC 7045 kHz LSB AROC - ITALY
18:30 UTC 18,163 kHz USB ARMYRADIOS-USA
21:30 Pacific time 3980 kHz AM/SSB MRCG - USA
WS 19 SET Operator
HF LONG RANGE GUARD CHANNEL
28,466 kHz USB is the frequency of the ARMYRADIOS group for long distance activity. Due to increase of the solar flux activity good possibility for Green Gear tests.
day has been scheduled for May 27th 2000 starting from 07:00.
Suggested frequencies and details will follow
TNX to LA5MT
The A.D.MM (Annus Domini 2000) is a Y2K activity
proposal for Ex-military radio users.
Internet facilities are necessary because all the info will travel via the net.
-The task is collect 2000 points in the
period 01/01/2000 to 31/12/2000
-The event is open to all Ex military radio set users (OM and SWL)
-The contact is valid only if both stations are using Ex-military set
-Can be used all kind of Ex-military radio set.
-The set must be Genuine, no modifications are allowed
-Only the Power supply, Antenna tuning unit, the Antenna can be commercial or homebrew
- There are 2 classes
Class A : The same station can be logged once in the same band, in the same mode, or with the same equipment.
Class B : The same station can be logged for each contact without band, mode, set limitation but each QSO must be done in different day. This rule is applicable only for last 3 months of the year.
-The stations are divided in 4 categories :
A = Vintage - Set up to 1945 (End WW2)
B = Classic - Set 1946 onward using only Tubes
C = Modern - Modern sets (Mixed techonology, transistors, IC, PLL..)
M = Monitor - SWL using ex military receiver (any period)
-Each valid QSO/HRD will count according the following table
A B C
A 10 6 4
YOU B 6 4 2
C 4 2 1
M 1 1 1
QSO Cat A with Cat C = 4 points
Cat B with Cat C = 2 points
Cat C with Cat C = 1 point
HRD Cat M with Cat A = 1 Point
- X 1 Same country
- X 2 Same continent
- X 4 Different continent
- Countries / Continents = DXCC list
- The QSO is valid with complete exchange of
reports plus category ( ie.: 599/A, 57/C.......), but exchange of personal
and rigs info is raccomanded.
- The HRD is valid mentioning the report sent from the HRD station. In the case of HRD of both stations, only one is valid (monitor can choose)
- Each station can work also like Monitor and add to the QSO score the points gained like SWL.
- QRG : To avoid dispersions and fix some common meeting points the frequency to be used are that ending with 200 or 20 (3720, 7020, 14220, 21200...)
- Day/time : Each area or group will choose accordingly. For extra continental tentatives first Saturday of the month at 4 or 5 AM Zulu seems to be the preferred. Info about groups net will be appreciated. Skeds are reccomanded
- List of the contacts must be sent to IK0MOZ ( email@example.com )or to the Area controller monthly mentioning :
Date/time group. ie: 01052030 = Jan 5 20:30
Own call sign
The general score will be on the net monthly.
De IK0MOZ - Mario
To see the news and the score click here
The propagation of this message will highly appreciated - TNX