Three award certificates will be available:
All awards will be electronic for self printing. A “park” is one of the 231 eligible parks listed on the Parks Lookup page.
1. Activator Award
Awarded to any Amateur who makes a minimum of one accredited operation from a parks. The total number of qualified activations will be printed directly on the certificate.
2. Chaser Award
Awarded to any amateur registered with QcPSLO who does QSOs with activators. The total number of parks contacted will be printed on the certificate
3.“Five Star Activator”:
Special recognition on Activator certificates for Activators who engage in exceptional outreach during activations throughout the event. Activators must perform a minimum of five items on the Five Star Activator list and provide documentation (photos, video, electronic media, etc) of those activities to RAQI upon request. Five Star Activator actions include:
- Public Information Table: Promote Amateur Radio during your activation by making appropriate handouts and information available to the visiting public at the site (note: distributing literature in a park may require a special use permit).
- Youth/Scouting Involvement: Activate a park with a youth group or Scouting program.
- Radio E-Message: Transmit at least one electronic message via Amateur Radio to a third party. Any digital messaging format may be used to earn this bonus. The message must leave the park via RF on an Amateur Radio frequency.
- Digital Modes: Demonstrate Amateur Radio using any of the digital modes available to radio amateurs to an audience of at least one person not familiar with the digital modes.
- Satellite Contact: Make a minimum of one QSO through an Amateur Radio satellite or the ISS. QSOs must be between two Earth stations.
- Green Power: Make a successful Activation using solar, wind, water or non-fossil fuel power. Includes batteries charged using “green” power.
- Battery Power: Make a successful Activation using battery power. Batteries may be charged using commercial mains.
- Social Media: Promote your activation, post video or photographs of your activation on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other social media platform (not your website)
- Intrepid Traveler: Activate at least five different parks.
- Share The Mike: Have a non-ham or new ham make a contact.