for testing dates
examination coordinators (VEC) conduct testing sessions for individuals
interested in obtaining an amateur radio license.
As the number of applicants has dropped over the last several years, exams are given on an "as needed" basis.
The VEC team will supply the license application form (VEC 605).
Calculators are allowed in some cases, but not the programmable types.
2018 LCRC FCC TESTING DATES
Lewis & Clark Community College
Trimpe Building, Room 156
5800 Godfrey Rd.
Godfrey, IL 62035
13 January 2018
|10 March 2018
|21 April 2018
||Room 210\211 - Math Bldg LCRC HamFest
|12 May 2018
|14 July 2018
|08 Septmeber 2018
||Admin Bldg St. Louis Regional Airport
|10 November 2018
Persons wanting to take a license exam should contact Dennis Hutchins (WA9RD) at 618-377-5033, prior to a test date,
for additional information required for each testing session.
|AMATEUR LICENSE EXAMS DETAILS
CODE NO LONGER A REQUIREMENT
What you need to bring to the session
- $15.00 Examination Fee (exact change, please)
- Driver License, passport or other legal photo identification.
* NOTE If no photo ID is available, you must present TWO of the following:
- Non-photo ID/drivers license
- Social Security card
- Birth certificate (must have the appropriate seal)
- Minors work permit or school report card
- Utility bill, bank statement or other business correspondence that specifically names the person; or
- Postmarked envelope addressed to the person at his or her mailing address as it appears on the Form 605
current license, if you are seeking a license upgrade or element
credit. ** Please bring the original for verification AND a photocopy
to send to the ARRL VEC. **
applicable CSCE (Certificate of Successful Completion of Examination)
forms or expired licenses if you are seeking element credit. ** Please
bring the original for verification AND a photocopy to send to the ARRL
- You may bring a
calculator if you like, but it must have no programmable memory or you
must show that any programmable memories are cleared prior to the start
of the exam.
Check application or license status at the FCC
The current and NEW pool questions are available here
Copyright LCRC © 2012, 2016
Last revised: 15 February 2016